Sunday, December 16, 2007

graphic designer?

i was talking my family last night and one of the ideas we generated was that i could be a graphic artist. i have an interest in art (painting, photography, drawing). and if i could channel my artistic creativity to work, i might enjoy what i do. so should i do it??? i don't know the first thing about graphic design. well, that's not absolutely true since i was a co-editor of my yearbook in high school. my junior year i was the managing editor and then my senior year i was the co-editor of the year book. if i think about it, that was pretty amazing since i didn't know a thing about publishing when i joined the yearbook, but the editor in chief liked me so she let me be a managing editor. then i just learned my way to being a co-editor the next year. it was a really cool experience. i was the creative mind and my co-editor was the one with deadlines in view, etc. she would tell us (me included? i can't remember) that the deadline was a week before the actual deadline.

anyway i think i'm probably more suited to be a consultant of some sort. in my mind, i'm preparing myself to leave the academia, i think. i love problem solving so i think it would be really fun to be a consultant of some kind. i don't think i'll mind the hours too much since i don't really have a life anyway. :)

No comments: